Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign In To Old Apple ID for iTunes

I just upgraded from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 8. When loading my old phones data it appears that it is trying to load music that my kids purchased with their Apple ID's. I am now in iTune **** as the phone is asking about 140 times to sign in to the Apple ID's that I don't have the passwords for. How do I stop this. I'm assuming I need to get rid of this music but I don't know how.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 11:46 AM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2017 2:23 PM in response to dcwellsx

dcwellsx wrote:

I'm assuming I need to get rid of this music but I don't know how.

Yes, good thorough housecleaning will solve this issue, but it sounds like several devices need this thorough housecleaning. You need to clean the computer housing iTunes, as well as your iPhone 8 at a minimum. Likely the iPhone 6 also requires a good scrubbing.

Start by cleaning the computer. In iTunes, for each song, control-click the song, and choose "Delete" if it does not possess your current Apple ID.

Then, thoroughly cleanse your iPhone 8 (and iPhone 6) as follows:

What to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then load only items onto the iPhone that are owned by your current Apple ID.

Sign In To Old Apple ID for iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.