Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iCloud contact list different than my On My Mac contact list?

I am so confused about my Contacts.

In Apple’s Contacts, under All Contacts, are two contact lists, iCloud and On My Mac. Each with a different number of contacts.

1. Why are there two different contact lists?

2. Why are the contacts in them not the same? One list has 308 contacts and the other has 232.

3. Additionally, Outlook for the Mac (my email provider) has yet a different number of contacts.

Sometimes after I have added a contact, I am unable to find it.

Can someone tell me how sync or consolidate so that they are all the same?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.5), null

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 8:38 AM

For 1 & 2, iCloud contacts and On My Mac contacts are 2 different accounts.

Select your On My Mac contacts, then Contacts/File/Export. Then Contacts/File/Import and select iCloud. Once you determine the contacts are in your iCloud account, you can delete them from your On My Mac account if desired.

In Outlook, do you have the option to export your contacts as vCards? If you do, you can then import them into the Contacts/iCloud account.

How to Export Outlook 2013 Contacts into iCloud - YouTube

https://www.pcworld.com/article/242401/syncing_icloud_with_windows_and_outlook.h tml

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2017 8:38 AM in response to suefrombend

For 1 & 2, iCloud contacts and On My Mac contacts are 2 different accounts.

Select your On My Mac contacts, then Contacts/File/Export. Then Contacts/File/Import and select iCloud. Once you determine the contacts are in your iCloud account, you can delete them from your On My Mac account if desired.

In Outlook, do you have the option to export your contacts as vCards? If you do, you can then import them into the Contacts/iCloud account.

How to Export Outlook 2013 Contacts into iCloud - YouTube

https://www.pcworld.com/article/242401/syncing_icloud_with_windows_and_outlook.h tml

Why is my iCloud contact list different than my On My Mac contact list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.