Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: how do I reduce the size of email threads?

I'm required for each sale I have to turn in the email conversations when all is finished. Some threads are HUGE and therefore won't copy onto the upload program I'm required to use. Is there something I can do? An add- on? or ? I have been wrestling with this for a few years now. I know Outlook does but I don't want to abandon my Mac mail. Please help. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 1:00 PM in response to Gaelg In response to Gaelg

A mail thread is usually highly redundant because so much of it is just quoting previous messages.

I would paste the thread into a text editor like BBEdit or Smultron and prune it (while keeping the essentials of the conversation, of course).

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 1:00 PM in response to Gaelg In response to Gaelg

A mail thread is usually highly redundant because so much of it is just quoting previous messages.

I would paste the thread into a text editor like BBEdit or Smultron and prune it (while keeping the essentials of the conversation, of course).

Nov 14, 2017 1:00 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 14, 2017 1:04 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1 In response to Luis Sequeira1

that sounds great, thanks. However the email threads I'm talking about are in the 100's plus. Wouldn't have time to do that. Right now what I do is covert to .rftd then import as a pdf. They are still HUGE and I have to break down into separate folders. It can take a good 1/4 of my day to do that.

I'm really hoping there's an add-on I can get or buy? Someone out there has to have the same issues as me... right?!??

Nov 14, 2017 1:04 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Gaelg

Question: how do I reduce the size of email threads?