Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Customizing AirPod double tap options don't exist

Phone: iPhone 6+

Software: 11.1.1

Airpod Software: 3.7.2

Got these airpods yesterday after trying out my girlfriend's and loving it so far. One thing I remember she showed me on her pair was the ability to customize left and right airpod double tap actions (this was done on my phone, running iOS11).

Realizing that my Airpods don't have the options in the same place (Bluetooth -> Information). Any ideas?

I've tried pairing and unpairing my airpods + soft reset on my phone + erase network settings.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 11:55 AM

10 replies

Nov 14, 2017 12:25 PM in response to Eapfepy

here’s how to factory reset your AirPods.

1. Go to Bluetooth settings on your device. Forget your AirPods.

2. Make sure both AirPods are in their case. Open the lid so you can see the indicator light.

3. Hold the button on the back of the case until the light starts flashing amber. (Some Apple forum threads say this should take 3–5 seconds, but on my AirPods it took about 15 seconds.)

4. After the amber light blinks three times, release the button and close the lid.

5. Place your AirPods adjacent to your iPhone and hold the button on the back of the case again. A pairing screen should appear on your iPhone. Press “Connect” and you should be good, with both AirPods should work properly together again.

maybe try this

Customizing AirPod double tap options don't exist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.