Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra Issues

I have a Quad Core 2013 Mac Pro with 64 Gig ram and a 500 SSD and ever since I have installed High Sierra I have noticed the follow issues:

1) My internet slows way down when doing a time machine backup and when I am copying files to an external drive or a usb stick.

2) My Lacie external drive I use for my time machine backup seems like it's still being accessed even after the time machine backup has been completed and I have automatic time machine turned off? When I try and eject it, it says its being accessed by another program and I have to do a force eject.

I have reset the VRAM a couple of times and does not help. I have also cleaned up my system of unused files and its driving me nuts why this is happening. I have also completed the procedure of deleting the .pls files in the configuration directly to speed up the wifi.

Any help would be appreciated.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 11:59 AM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2017 12:01 PM in response to ronbak

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

High Sierra Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.