Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop sudden onslaught of unsolicited calls to my iPhone?

I don't know what happened. I haven't signed up for any new service or done anything different, but about a week ago, all of a sudden, I started getting a bunch of unsolicited calls to my iPhone. Here's a screenshot:

Those calls come at any time of day. One was at 5 AM. Some ring maybe once or twice and somehow manage to leave a voicemail. Last voicemail was something about improving my credit.

Can someone explain why did it start happening all of a sudden? And is there any way to stop it?

PS. Before I'd get, maybe one unsolicited call a month, if I'm "lucky."

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 12:38 PM

2 replies

Nov 14, 2017 12:46 PM in response to Den B.

What happened is the scamming robocallers finally got round to calling numbers in your area code and prefix. There really isn't much you can to to stop them altogether.

AT&T has a free service that will attempt to filter and block known scammers and label telemarketers. You'll have to check with your carrier to see if they offer a similar service.

How to stop sudden onslaught of unsolicited calls to my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.