Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode not in ios 11.1

Hi, I got new iPad Pro and I want to protect it with pass/pin/gesture/whatever.

However, I miss any option how to do that.

After first boot, Touch ID didn't run, just throwing a messagebox that "it is no longer available".

So I run a software update, now running on iOS 11.1.

Now, Touch ID shows black and then crashes at all. But that is only Touch ID, my problem goes further. There is no other option of setting password.

I have searched a little bit as I am new to iOS, so if I have missed something, but it seems there should be a "Passcode" option in menu.

Also didn't find anything under general options, nor Account and passwords, nor Privacy, nor in other apps like link to Touch ID settings.

Also this happens in English and my native language, so this is probably not something related with translation missing that results in whole item missing.

here is an image from my settings:

screenshot.cz/H5/H573I/dae259d3-c9e6-44ca-880f-f8563181dd1c.png

(sorry for no direct link, apple blocks it 😟 )

So, please, any advice, how to reslve this?

Thanks in advance

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 1:49 PM

9 replies

Nov 14, 2017 2:48 PM in response to Sergth

Thanks for posting the screen shot.

I see at least one other item missing as well (Settings > General > Restrictions).

So is there some organization (e.g., Work, School) that is managing this iPad? It looks like you're under some sort of governance policy, and would have to speak to an IT administrator for clarification.

Nov 14, 2017 3:04 PM in response to sberman

Sadly no, it was actually a price in a competition, it was a competition from reseller (but no Apple-only reseller, it is a huge company selling electronics in general), but no warranty for this ... I will try some searching about OS reinstall/factory reset or something.

Anyway, thank you for help 🙂

Nov 14, 2017 4:32 PM in response to Sergth

Ok, here is solution, if anybody encounters same problem.

Do a factory reset. Connect to PC, and via iTunes do a factory reset in recovery mode.

Also a tip - even a reset did not pass fluently, giving me error 4013 and locking device in recovery mode ... After searching a little bit - if your PC always throws error that it was unable to restore your iDevice, run it again and in phase of "Waiting for iDevice", where the device will be stuck on empty progress bar, just remove the cable and again plug it in. The restore process will continue.

because ... why it should be easy, right? Sigh...

Passcode not in ios 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.