Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble saving plugin settings

When I try to save a "Channel Strip Setting," I get the following message:
"Couldn't create file! Permission was denied, probably due to insufficient access rights."

Anybody know how to fix this, please?

Thanks
Johan

G5 Dual 2.0, Mac OS X (10.4.6), 2 G * Logic Pro 7.20 * RME Fireface

Posted on Jan 14, 2007 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2007 9:41 PM

Locate the folder where the channel strip settings are stored, and then select it in the Finder followed by choosing Get Info from the File menu. Check that the folder is unlocked and that you have Read & Write access to it in the Ownership & Permissions section of the Get Info window; if your issue persists, check the permissions on the file as well.

(19178)
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2007 9:41 PM in response to Johan Carlisle

Locate the folder where the channel strip settings are stored, and then select it in the Finder followed by choosing Get Info from the File menu. Check that the folder is unlocked and that you have Read & Write access to it in the Ownership & Permissions section of the Get Info window; if your issue persists, check the permissions on the file as well.

(19178)

Jan 14, 2007 10:13 PM in response to Niel

Thanks Niel.

It worked. Only thing I had to do different was to follow your excellent instructions . . . three times, or, that is, to three different "channel strip settings" folders which I found using Spotlight.
Then I had to change the "ownership" to my name, or the name my system uses. I'm still not clear how all that works, 'cause I work alone and don't have to share my toys!
Then, after typing in my password, I was able to change the permissions, as described to 'read-write.'
This might help others not so savvy with the nitty gritty of Mac system management.

Thanks again, Niel.
Peace
Johan

G5 Dual 2.0 Mac OS X (10.4.6) 2 G * Logic Pro 7.20 * RME Fireface

Trouble saving plugin settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.