Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now, I cannot scan a document from my Canon Maxify MB5320 to my MAC OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite, but I can print. What do I need to do?

Need Help! I recently cannot scan a document from my Canon Maxify MB5320 printer to my MacBook Pro OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, which I bought in 2015, but I can print. I checked if both the access point and the wireless LAN on my Maxify MB5320 printer are active and matches to my MacBook and it does, but I still cannot scan. I am not tech savy and my daughter is usually the one that helps me, but she is not available. What do I need to do? i.e. download a specific software or is it that with the current software updates, I can no longer scan anything?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Bought Macbook Pro in 2015

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 12:56 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2017 9:59 PM in response to ckfig

Can you connect it using a USB cable and see if it will scan then.

Open System Preferences>Printers & Scanners>Scan will it scan now.

Open Image Capture in your Applications folder and see if it can see your scanner and if so will it scan.

You can try downloading the drivers and software for your Canon on this page, https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/small -office-home-office-printers/mb5320

select your operating system in the drop down and you should see three items you can download under Drivers and four items under Software. Once downloaded double-click each one in turn to install. Restart the mac and see if you can scan now.

User uploaded file

Now, I cannot scan a document from my Canon Maxify MB5320 to my MAC OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite, but I can print. What do I need to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.