Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On my MacBook Pro I can't send texts via Messages anymore. Help?

After upgrading to High Sierra I can receive texts via Messages but I can't send any out. I have logged out of my account in Messages and logged back in. And I turned Messages off and back on within my iPhone. Neither of those things did anything. I also logged out of my iCloud account and logged back in. Still nothing. I have SMS messages turns on. Not sure what the upgrade to High Sierra did to my laptop but it seems to have changed something and Messages doesn't like it one bit. Help?

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 1:16 PM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2017 1:17 PM in response to AdGuy11

Hi,

Start from scratch.

Remove/Sign Out of the Apple ID on the iPhone in Messages only

Sign Out of the Apple ID on the Mac.

Turn the App Off on the iPhone

Quit the app on the Mac.

Open the app on the iPhone and wait for the number to verify.

Open the Mac version and add back the Apple ID

On the Mac Version start a New Message and Add the iPhone Number in full including Country Code.

Send iMessage

If that does not appear on the iPhone go here When the iMessages account will not Login

The last section on Phoning Apple can be very long winded to get up the chain of responders until someone can and will look at the server.

If it worked then Add the Apple ID back to the iPhone.

This should cause a pop on the Mac which you needs to accepts to link the two IDs for syncing iMessages.

Make sure the iPhone and Mac are on the same LAN

That means the iPhone needs to have the WiFi On and have joined the network.

Enable Text Forwarding

Choose the Mac and it should get a Code Number to appear on the Mac which needs entering back on the iPhone.

User uploaded file

9:17 pm Thursday; November 16, 2017

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Sierra)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone 6 iOS 11.x and an iPad (2)

On my MacBook Pro I can't send texts via Messages anymore. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.