Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone x not covering full screen

In all my apps like Snapchat and instagram they do not cover the whole screen like they showed now I have 2 black bars on the top and bottom of my screen. Any ideas?

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 1:01 PM

It's up the App Developers to update their apps to work on iPhone X. If Snapchat and Instagram haven't updated their apps to cover the entire screen there's nothing Apple can do. You can certainly reach out to the app developers and ask what if any future plans they have to better utilize the iPhone X screen.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 1:01 PM in response to Zludwick29

It's up the App Developers to update their apps to work on iPhone X. If Snapchat and Instagram haven't updated their apps to cover the entire screen there's nothing Apple can do. You can certainly reach out to the app developers and ask what if any future plans they have to better utilize the iPhone X screen.

iphone x not covering full screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.