Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Iphone 7 Apple ID problem

Hello! I have an Iphone 7. About a month ago I was managing the settings in messages. Suddenly the messages app crashed and I couldn't open it. I tried to restart/shut down the phone but it didn't help. Then I updated IOS to 11.1.1. but it also didn't solve the problem. Then I decided to totally reset my Iphone, which also didn't help. The messages app was still crashing all over again. Today I created new Apple ID and message app was working perfectly. I guess that the problem with the crashing messages app is in my Apple ID? Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 2:42 PM in response to tejava In response to tejava

Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in usingmy Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option.

Nov 14, 2017 2:42 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: tejava

Question: Iphone 7 Apple ID problem