Question: AirPods control limitations (issues) with Apple TV 4th Gen (tvOS 11) or iPhone SE (iOS 11)
I am considering getting some of Apple’s Airpod headphones but I am concerned about the lack of control without the assistance of Siri. Just a few basic questions...
1. Is it true Siri control with AirPods is only available when a paired iOS device is connected to WiFi? What are the limitations when outdoors and using Cellular signal?
2. I read AirPods' W1 Chip is now supported on Apple TV (4th Gen) after the tvOS 11 update...?
3. When paired to the Apple TV (tvOS11), do the AirPods support Siri? If not, how do you control volume?
4. Are there certain (non-Apple) devices that will not support volume control when paired with the AirPods? For example — pairing AirPods to my Amazon Echo Dot at night to listen to an Audio Book.
5. Any other possible issues I should be aware of before trading in my Beats earbuds for AirPods?