Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: how to get ID changed but keep all games and backups

How do you change your Apple ID and transfer everything to new ID? Is it possible?! I’m not able to access an ID because the ID is old and connected to an email I don’t have access to anymore. Also, I can’t remember the password for it and all the info that was used to setup that old ID.

iPhone 6plus

iOS 11.1.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 2:11 PM in response to d.leelee79 In response to d.leelee79

You cannot transfer content to a new ID. The best bet is to try to recover access to the old ID, then update the information.

You can try resetting the password via http://iforgot.apple.com. If you are not able to supply the information it asks for, then contact Apple: Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.

Once you have access again, you can update your information per the following: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support. When you are done, make sure you also see: What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support.

Nov 14, 2017 2:11 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 4:17 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123 In response to stevejobsfan0123

I did contact Apple about getting access into the account. Unfortunately, because I do not remember any of the questions or even have the card I had when I first open the account, I can not get the password changed so I can change the ID or any info. The ID is attached to a lot of apps and purchases. So would I have to just start a new account and make purchases again?! That would be so expensive and the I would lose contacts and other important info too! Ugh....this is so frustrating.

Nov 14, 2017 4:17 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: d.leelee79

Question: how to get ID changed but keep all games and backups