Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes App - So many bugs!

I am encountering many bugs with notes app on the new iPad Pro 10.5in (256gb) with iOS 11.1.1

1. Freezing when drawing with Apple Pencil - there is Freezing that occurs every once in awhile and it eventually catches up ~5-10 seconds later.

2. This freezing is causing the app to crash and additional random crashes are happening as well

3. Tables are overlapping the text that is entered into them and cannot be re-formated.

4. If you are entering text information along with drawings into a note - occasionally you will touch the screen with the pencil and some random drawings from another part of the note will show up. This means you are done with drawings for that specific note and have to create a new one to continue to draw.

5. “tabled” information is being deleted randomly from my notes. I had a 2 seperate notes each with multiple tables - the app crash and after restarting the iPad —> tables are there, information entered is not. huge bummer.

#5 was the final straw for me. I’m moving back to OneNote. Apple please address these bugs because for those of us with the iPad Pro - the Notes is an “essential” app and it is currently broken.

Message was edited by: Homtanks

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.1, null

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 2:59 PM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2017 3:22 PM in response to Homtanks

I have an iPad Pro and, personally, really hate the default Apple iOS Notes app.

Do yourself a HUGE kindness and service and just find and pay for a really much better, third party, Apple Pencil compatible notes app!

Apple’s own iOS apps tend not to be that good or comprehensive enough.

Life is too short using tech tools and apps that simply aren't doing the job for you!

Better alternatives are available and out there in the iOS App Store.

I don’t like Microsoft One Note as you are forced to lock into signing up for a Microsoft account which I don’t really like or appreciate having to do.

Look at

GoodNotes

Notes Plus

Notability

Notes Writer

I'm a Notability and GoodNotes user, myself!

Good Luck to You!

Nov 14, 2017 3:25 PM in response to MichelPM

Thank you for the reply. I agree but some of us are hoping for another Apple overhaul with this app and I feel like it has started with the new functionality added in ios10.

They have injected the design magic into the notes app and it “feels” different from all the rest with regards to the Apple Pencil and its utility. It seems more responsive to the pencil and gestures now.

Comparing it to similar apps -

Digital Filing Cabinet apps:

OneNote - a nice app, it has come a long way but still a little too clunky

Evernote - made the switch to OneNote - note taking capability is not there.

Digital Notebook apps:

Notability - very nice but needs to reliably sync across devices. If they had a MacBook app - ALL IN

Good Notes - very nice app but again, lacking some of the “robustness” that I need

**I feel like Apple Notes hits a sweet spot between these two ‘types’ of apps and I really hope they address this soon. In the interim, hello again Microsoft. If anyone has any others suggestions - please let me know!

Nov 14, 2017 3:37 PM in response to Homtanks

Notability has a Mac version, too.

Look in the Mac App Store.

I auto sync all of my Notability and GoodNotes data (also Notes Writer data) using DropBox across all my iDevices AND my Mac.

You could, also, use iCloud, too, for notes sync-ing across all your iDevices and Mac.

This is what iCloud is designed for. iCloud is designed as a data sync-ing service.

I use all my notes apps on an iPad Pro using a third party, Adonit Pixel smart Bluetooth stylus (I totally loathe the whole design aesthetics and gestalt of the Apple Pencil) .

I have zero issues.

Notes App - So many bugs!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.