Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: DOES MY MACBOOK PRO HAVE ENOUGH MEMORY (SAYS I HAVE 95.91 AVAIL) AVAILABLE TO UPGRADE TO THE NEW OS?

DOES MY MACBOOK PRO HAVE ENOUGH MEMORY (SAYS I HAVE 95.91 AVAIL) AVAILABLE TO UPGRADE TO THE NEW OS (HIGH SIERRA) ?

I AM NOT A COMPUTER SAUVE PERSON OVER ALL.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), included in post

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 4:31 PM in response to Stingrayracerx07 In response to Stingrayracerx07

It makes it easier to read your posts if you turn off the caps. I think by memory you might be referring to disk space rather than RAM. 95GB available storage is enough space (macOS High Sierra - Technical Specifications) but you are running low depending on how large your storage is total. Provide us the information from About My Mac but do not include the serial number.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 4:31 PM in response to Stingrayracerx07 In response to Stingrayracerx07

It makes it easier to read your posts if you turn off the caps. I think by memory you might be referring to disk space rather than RAM. 95GB available storage is enough space (macOS High Sierra - Technical Specifications) but you are running low depending on how large your storage is total. Provide us the information from About My Mac but do not include the serial number.

Nov 14, 2017 4:31 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 14, 2017 4:25 PM in response to BobTheFisherman In response to BobTheFisherman

macOS Sierra

version 10.12.6

macbook pro (15in.,early 2011)

processor 2GHz intel core i7

memory 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

startup disk Macintosh HD

graphics Intel HD graphics 3000 512 MB

macintosh HD

94.85 GB available of 498.88GB

Nov 14, 2017 4:25 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 4:34 PM in response to Stingrayracerx07 In response to Stingrayracerx07

Make sure your current apps are compatible with High Sierra before upgrading. Make sure you have a backup before upgrading.

Upgrading macOS without fear

Upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Official Apple Support

Nov 14, 2017 4:34 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Stingrayracerx07

Question: DOES MY MACBOOK PRO HAVE ENOUGH MEMORY (SAYS I HAVE 95.91 AVAIL) AVAILABLE TO UPGRADE TO THE NEW OS?