Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I switch back to Safari as my search engine from google?

I accidentally got google as my search engine. I want safari. Can you advise how to switch back?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), opening pages

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 3:13 PM

Safari is an internet browser, not a search engine. Possibly you mean that you have Google Chrome (which is also an internet browser similar to Safari)? If so, you can simply not use Chrome and use Safari instead or if you want to, you can delete the Chrome app from your iMac. See: Uninstall Google Chrome - Computer - Google Chrome Help

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 3:13 PM in response to Polocop

Safari is an internet browser, not a search engine. Possibly you mean that you have Google Chrome (which is also an internet browser similar to Safari)? If so, you can simply not use Chrome and use Safari instead or if you want to, you can delete the Chrome app from your iMac. See: Uninstall Google Chrome - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Nov 14, 2017 3:22 PM in response to Polocop

OK I explained it wrong when I open up Safari I always just entered my search at the top Had no idea what it was set to nbut now it is using yahoo don't know how it got there. Anyway I can see to go to preferences/general but the only choice for me there is homepage do I type something in? right now it says default 0699..... do I delete that>

How do I switch back to Safari as my search engine from google?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.