Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How to enable a disabled iPhone 6plus

iPhone locked and disabled after several incorrect password and Apple ID entries. Called support, not much help.. Went to ICloud.com and removed the phone and tried to erase. Nothing will take place till phone is connected back on the Internet. Can't enable to connect. What do we for? Paying for s phone and can't use. Last iCloud backup was 2 days ago, so I just need to restore, phone will not connect to ITunes

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Reply

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 4:22 PM in response to usmanes01 In response to usmanes01

usmanes01 wrote:


iPhone locked and disabled after several incorrect password and Apple ID entries. Called support, not much help.. Went to ICloud.com and removed the phone and tried to erase. Nothing will take place till phone is connected back on the Internet. Can't enable to connect. What do we for? Paying for s phone and can't use. Last iCloud backup was 2 days ago, so I just need to restore, phone will not connect to ITunes


The phone was usable, but you enter the wrong apple id credentials which as a security measured lock your phone. How does one forget their apple id and password? You use it to purchase apps and icloud settings ie. imessage facetime..


I don't believe that Apple support wasn't able to help you troubleshoot the problem. What did they say or have you do that wasn't much help.


There more to the story than you're letting on.

Nov 14, 2017 4:22 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 4:34 PM in response to razmee209 In response to razmee209

Yes the phone was usable, never said it wasn't, as of yesterday it is not. So for now, we pay our carrier cant help us. We called and were given instructions on removing/erasing from the cloud. Followed those instructions and the phone is still disabled. We understood that doing this would I'm.ock the phone and allow us to restore fro the backup. So for us, not much help as we are still locked out of the phone.

Nov 14, 2017 4:34 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 4:36 PM in response to usmanes01 In response to usmanes01

As well, why does it matter how one forgot their password. Not everyone uses their phones for purchases and all that stuff.

Nov 14, 2017 4:36 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 4:39 PM in response to usmanes01 In response to usmanes01

usmanes01 wrote:


Yes the phone was usable, never said it wasn't, as of yesterday it is not. So for now, we pay our carrier cant help us. We called and were given instructions on removing/erasing from the cloud. Followed those instructions and the phone is still disabled. We understood that doing this would I'm.ock the phone and allow us to restore fro the backup. So for us, not much help as we are still locked out of the phone.


You called Apple support and that was the steps they told you to do? Removing and erasing from icloud isn't going to do anything if you can't remember your password.


What exactly were you doing that you had to enter your apple id and password?

Nov 14, 2017 4:39 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 4:45 PM in response to razmee209 In response to razmee209

It is actually my husbands phone, and I honestly can't tell you what he was trying to do. If the phone is reset it should undo the password settings. I just know he changed his Apple ID on Sunday and when logging on on a Monday tried to use his thumb print/code to get into the phone entered the wrong login.

Nov 14, 2017 4:45 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 4:48 PM in response to usmanes01 In response to usmanes01

usmanes01 wrote:


It is actually my husbands phone, and I honestly can't tell you what he was trying to do. If the phone is reset it should undo the password settings. I just know he changed his Apple ID on Sunday and when logging on on a Monday tried to use his thumb print/code to get into the phone entered the wrong login.

Ok if it is disabled because of the entering the wrong passcode then see the link Lawrence posted.


if it is his apple id that is disabled which is what I thought originally then If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support


or is he seeing the icloud activation lock? Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

Nov 14, 2017 4:48 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: usmanes01

Question: How to enable a disabled iPhone 6plus