Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Pop up

why does a pop up keep coming on when I try to click on something to open it says open in new window or many things it might that 10 click to get something open I just up graded to high sierra

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Sounds like you are getting the contextual menu from right-clicking. Perhaps it is a mouse or trackpad setting that is giving you the secondary click instead of single-click.

Here are some examples of those menus to compare:

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 5:24 PM in response to James Woodle In response to James Woodle

Please try my free tool to scan adware/malware on your system:

Adware Removal Pro for Mac

<Disclaimer: this post contains links to my own website from which I may derive some form of compensation. My website does not contain 3rd party ads. This disclaimer is required by ASC Terms of Use whenever linking to one's own site or product.>

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 14, 2017 5:24 PM in response to James Woodle In response to James Woodle

Please try my free tool to scan adware/malware on your system:

Adware Removal Pro for Mac

<Disclaimer: this post contains links to my own website from which I may derive some form of compensation. My website does not contain 3rd party ads. This disclaimer is required by ASC Terms of Use whenever linking to one's own site or product.>

Nov 14, 2017 5:24 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Solved

Nov 14, 2017 5:36 PM in response to James Woodle In response to James Woodle

Sounds like you are getting the contextual menu from right-clicking. Perhaps it is a mouse or trackpad setting that is giving you the secondary click instead of single-click.

Here are some examples of those menus to compare:

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Nov 14, 2017 5:36 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: James Woodle

Question: Pop up