Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 screen is popping out is it due to battery swelling?

Screen popping

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 3:35 PM

4 replies

Dec 27, 2017 11:37 PM in response to Raymien1

iPhone 6 started to separate then completely separated and stopped working. Had to replace battery because old battery exploded. Owner is elderly person who doesn't know much about how to operate most of the phone's programs. I only mention this because our carrier suggested the problem occurs when the phone is older and has excessive use. 3 years should not be considered old and excessive use is just reaching. Replace your battery before yours explodes is my recommendation.

Dec 28, 2017 5:50 AM in response to 00techer

Actually, three years can be quite old for a lithium polymer battery. Over that time, the number of discharge/charge cycles may be very high, and if so, then a battery may easily be subject to age/use degradation and swelling. So 3 years is perhaps a bit short, but it would depend on the cycle count moreso. Or if not used at all for long times, lithium batteries also degrade more rapidly (I.e. they don’t do well unused sitting for months or years).

Older lithium batteries or batteries with a high cycle count are prone to swelling from their degraded chemical components.

iphone 6 screen is popping out is it due to battery swelling?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.