Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot login on mac, only online. Keeps asking for verification code from other devices???

I know my correct password, I can log in online. When I try to login on mac, it says:

"An Apple ID verification code is required to sign in. Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices."

What does it mean by after typing the password follow it with the verification code shown on other devices? Frustrated.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 4:39 PM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2017 4:59 PM in response to Bostonian_eskimo

the two step verification was messing it up, since I do not have my iPad on me , i cannot see if it has a verification code. Also, there is not a button on the mac sign in for it to send a verification code to me (phone) like the online version does. So I could not get a new verification code. I just disabled it online, too much hassle .

Nov 14, 2017 5:01 PM in response to Eric Root

I do not have the code, I only have my mac on me, since I do not have my iPad on me, I cannot see if the iPad has a verification code sent to it.

Also, there is not a button on the mac sign in for it to send a new verification code to me (text:phone) like the online version does. So I could not get a new verification code. I just disabled it online, too much hassle .

I cannot login on mac, only online. Keeps asking for verification code from other devices???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.