Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPad not recognized by mini projector

New iPad isn’t recognized by my mini projector. I used it yesterday and it worked. My iPhone and another ipad will work with the projector. I‘ve used it everyday for the past 2 weeks and it worked.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 10:51 AM in response to Katefrommi In response to Katefrommi

I see. That 3rd-party adapter, described as compatible with iPhone 5 to iPhone 7 Plus, may have reached the end of its extended compatibility range. You should be aware that any such adapter contains a computer that accepts a video stream from the Lightning connector, and generates the HDMI signals. This computer must be compatible with the signals sent by the Apple device. I strongly suggest that you get the Apple Digital A/V adapter. Get the current model, which includes a charging connector. You can buy one almost anywhere, e.g. WalMart.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 15, 2017 5:34 AM in response to Katefrommi In response to Katefrommi

You say "fire wire", but I guess you mean Lightning, if it connects directly to the iPad.

Are the other devices also on iOS 11?

Has the iPad Pro 10.5 ever worked in this setup? If so, do you know what has changed?

Could you please identify the make/model of the projector?

Nov 15, 2017 5:34 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 5:50 AM in response to Diana.McCall In response to Diana.McCall

Sorry, I meant lightning. The iPhone is 11.1.1. The iPad is 11.0.3. The iPad Pro that won’t work is 11.1.1. The projector is a dbpower mini. It played on the iPad 2 days ago. When it wasn’t recognized or did nothing when I plugged it in, I tried other devices in the house to narrow the problem.

Nov 15, 2017 5:50 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 8:09 AM in response to Katefrommi In response to Katefrommi

There seem to be several models of dbpower mini projector, BL-18, T20, T21, etc. Do you know which model you have?

It looks like these devices do not actually connect directly to Lightning. Are you using a Lightning to HDMI adapter? Is the the Apple Digital A/V Adapter?

Have you tried restarting the iPad? Power off, not just Sleep.

Nov 15, 2017 8:09 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 10:37 AM in response to Diana.McCall In response to Diana.McCall

The dbpower model is T20. It came with an ip5-ip7 plus to HDMI adaptor. The HDMI and USB connect to projector and lightening to device. I tried restarting the iPad. When that didn’t work I plugged my iPhone in and it projected that fine. Then I tried a different iPad and that worked.

Nov 15, 2017 10:37 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 10:51 AM in response to Katefrommi In response to Katefrommi

I see. That 3rd-party adapter, described as compatible with iPhone 5 to iPhone 7 Plus, may have reached the end of its extended compatibility range. You should be aware that any such adapter contains a computer that accepts a video stream from the Lightning connector, and generates the HDMI signals. This computer must be compatible with the signals sent by the Apple device. I strongly suggest that you get the Apple Digital A/V adapter. Get the current model, which includes a charging connector. You can buy one almost anywhere, e.g. WalMart.

Nov 15, 2017 10:51 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Katefrommi

Question: iPad not recognized by mini projector