Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: MBP 15" w Touch bar - Battery life running Lightroom

After several years away from Macs I returned this weekend with a purchase of the MacBook Pro 15" w Touchbar. I heard good things about the mid 2017 version despite the expense. So I took the plunge.

I had read of the great battery life however I am very surprised/disappointed in the battery life I have seen while running Lightroom or Photoshop. Those programs are the reason I went the the top of the line. However, running on battery I get any where between 1.50 - 1.75 hours on a charge and that is running the programs separately not simultaneously. While I had not expected the advertised 10 hours I did expect a little better. I have reduced the screen brightness, exited out of other programs and done all that is suggested.

What experience have other had running Lightroom, Photoshop, other adobe products or any thing else similar? I know there was a problem with the 2016 version that never really got resolved all the way, but I understood the issues were resolved with the summer 2017 release.

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

There are no replies.
User profile for user: ejg999

Question: MBP 15" w Touch bar - Battery life running Lightroom