Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my icloud is constantly asking me to sign in why?

Every time I start my Mac iCloud asks for my password of which I add but it comes up repeatedly until I cancel. It is the same as my Apple ID not sure why it is. It working and as a result my iCloud is not active

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 12:09 AM

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Move the following to the Trash and restart.

Close all running apps. Put the following items in the trash:

1) In the ~/Library/ folder, put the Caches folder in the trash.

2) In the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, put the folder iCloud in the trash.

3) In the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, put the file MobileMeAccounts.plist in the trash.

Learned fromKurt Lang

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2017 12:09 AM in response to sammij40

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Move the following to the Trash and restart.

Close all running apps. Put the following items in the trash:

1) In the ~/Library/ folder, put the Caches folder in the trash.

2) In the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, put the folder iCloud in the trash.

3) In the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, put the file MobileMeAccounts.plist in the trash.

Learned fromKurt Lang

my icloud is constantly asking me to sign in why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.