Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my 4s does not reconize the keypad in text message

4s does not recognize the keypad to type in text message

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 6:40 PM

3 replies

Nov 15, 2017 12:48 PM in response to Melly7

Hey Melly7,

I can see that you're unable to use the keyboard on your iPhone 4S to send text messages. I know how important the keyboard is especially for the Messages app so I don't blame you for reaching out for help. Just to be sure I understand correctly, when you say it 'doesn't recognize the keyboard' is your display unresponsive? If your display is working normally, could you please provide me with more details of what you're experiencing? Additionally, what happens if you force close the Messages app or restart your device?

Use these links for help with forcing the apps to close and restarting.
How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards.

Nov 16, 2017 8:51 AM in response to Teddy_B

Hi Jameson.h

Thank you so much for your help! I did a hard restart & everything was back to normal! 😁

However I have incurred another problem with my iPad Mini 2, my Notes app has suddenly disappeared! I installed an update 11.0.3 (15A432) a.few days ago & there’s another one to install but I’m scared to untill I can recover it and all the data! My Notes are fine on my iPhone 7.

Thanks

Melly7

my 4s does not reconize the keypad in text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.