Directions and Turn-by-Turn Navigation on Apple Watch are available in certain countries / regions, as detailed here:
Follow the instructions here to use the Maps app on Apple Watch:
If the Maps app is not operating as expected, then it may help to follow these steps:
If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:
Check your settings:
- On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services:
- Check that Location Services (the main setting at the top) is enabled.
- In the list of apps beneath, check that Maps is set to "While Using".
- Tap on System Services > enable system settings as desired.
- On your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Date & Time:
- Check that Set Automatically is enabled.
- On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Mobile / Cellar Data:
- Check that Mobile / Cellular Data is enabled.
- In the list of apps beneath, check that Maps is enabled.
Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first: