Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 not working on a 7plus with non-OEM replacement screen

When iOS11 came out I immediately upgraded from 10.3.3 - big mistake. After the upgrade my phone looked as if it was working fine - but quickly realized it was a useless brick where every app took 30 seconds to open, could not answer calls, etc. After days of searching (and downgrading back to 10.3.3) I found a community thread of other affected 7Plus users who all experienced the exact same issue - the common issue for each person being that we all had non-OEM replacement screens. In other words, we had all cracked our screens and had them replaced at non-Apple stores who of course did not have access to original screens. Something with iOS 11 checks the firmware of each iPhone component and can tell the difference - so our phones didn't work. I'm still running 10.3.3 because I've heard that 11.1 didn't even address this issue.

This evening I get an email from Amazon offering in-home replacement of Apple screens, but it says nothing as to the legitimacy of the replacement screens. I don't have an Apple Store withing 200 miles of my home - so this really isn't an option for me. On a recent business trip I stopped in an Apple Store (with no available screen replacement appointments) where a Apple Tech verified this was a known problem and in his opinion a way for Apple to "punish" iPhone owners who didn't use their services. He also explained the screen replacement process - where the physical screen is replaced but the phone also goes through a series of calibration / configuration steps.

This is what I got from Amazon - does anyone know if this is a Apple authorized repair?

http://smile.amazon.com/iPhone-Repair-Button-Screen-Location/dp/B06XJFV5WQ/

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.2

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 8:18 PM

There are no replies.

iOS 11 not working on a 7plus with non-OEM replacement screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.