Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get my photos back onto my phone ?

Hello, I have a question about my iPhone. So yesterday, my iPhone had backed up all of my photos from my IPod that was in iCloud onto my phone and I had 1500+ photos. I didn’t want to delete the photos from the album because I thought it might delete all the pictures out my IPod too so, I went to the settings clicked the iCloud Photo Library thinking it would just remove all the photos it synced but it deleted basically all of my pictures out my phone and I’m now left with only 145. I see when I click on storage it says I have 5.8 GB worth of photos but I know 145 photos wouldn’t be taken up that much storage ??? So I was wondering are my other photos still there and is there a way for me to get them all back onto my cell phone ?

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 9:33 PM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2017 2:50 PM in response to Jameshyia

Hey there, Jameshyia,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see that you are missing some photos from your iPhone after turning iCloud Photo Library off. I'm happy to help.

First, check your Recently Deleted album in Photos > Albums > Recently Deleted. If you see your missing pictures here, you can restore them back to the iPhone within 30 days of their inadvertent deletion.

If they do not appear in the Recently Deleted folder, hop onto www.icloud.com , signing in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud on your phone. Then, click Photos and see if your pictures are there. If they are, turning iCloud Photo Library back on, and select "Download and Keep Originals" from Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos or Settings > iCloud > Photos.

Cheers!

Can I get my photos back onto my phone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.