Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 does not work properly in iOS 11.1.1

My iPhone 6 does not work properly in iOS 11.1.1 and also give bad performance. Touch is also not doing good work etc.

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 9:34 PM

5 replies

Nov 18, 2017 10:43 PM in response to LeNico21

Really?

I hate to be the one to inform you, but the worldwide iPhone 6/6S user base is NOT having ANY major issues with iOS 11!

It appears, in these iPhone support communities ti only be small, but growing minority of users and THAT IS IT!!!

How much free data storage space is left on your iPhone 6?

Do you leave scads and scads of app sitting in the iOS Background Switcher?

Have you tried a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons?

Try a Reset All Settings in the Settings app under General, Reset?

Try turning OFF Background App Refresh in Settings, General?

Also, in general, if you want a faster IDevice, on all of my iDevices, I turn off most of the iOS motion graphics eye candy, by simply turning ON Reduce Motion in Settings app, General, Accessibilty settings.

What about doing a complete backup to iCloud or iTunes on a computer, then do a complete erase and reset as new in the Settings app under General, Reset then restore your backup from iCloud or iTunes?

If still no joy after the erase and restore, hammer Apple with constant feedback about the iPhone 6/6S issues here.

iPhone Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

This is THE ONLY avenue to get Apple’s DIRECT attention to any and all iPhone 6 issues!

IF no one posts feedback about iPhone 6/6S issues, Apple will NEVER know there is an issue and will never correct it!

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the appropriate Apple personnel , but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

Good Luck to You!

Nov 18, 2017 8:00 AM in response to MichelPM

This poor performance of the iPhone6 after the 11.1 and 11.1.1 updates is happening To EVERYONE I know with an iPhone 6. Extremely slow in every possible way, apps quit spontaneously and battery life is total garbage. The phone has been rendered nearly useless overnight. The theory is @apple does This on purpose so we’ll get frustrated And buy a new phone since it’s so ubiquitous. The iPhone 6 isn’t SO old that it should be having these problems. Resetting etc isn’t the answer. The answer is Apple making an iOS that works for phones a few generations back, not just the new model. Would love to know if anyone has figured out how to recover performance on their iPhone6 since the update.

My iPhone 6 does not work properly in iOS 11.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.