Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Mouse stutter with High Sierra - iMac

Hello,

when I updated fom Sierra to High Sierra a couple days ago, I had the problem that with every mouse I used (Magic Mouse 2, Logitech G403, normal Windows Mouse) there was a sudden stutter in the movement, every couple seconds.

The stutter was less frequent with the magic mouse, but also there and really annoying when you try to work.

So I tried to reset my NVRAM and it was gone. Until today. The problem is there again but now a NVRAM-Reset does not work anymore. Same problem with every mouse I use. The only mouse you "can" work with is the magic mouse, because the stutter happens "only" every 10-20 seconds.

I can not wrap my head around, what the problem could be.

My iMac:

High Sierra 10.13.1

27" Mid 2011

Intel Core i7 3,4 GHz

AMD HD 6970M

Does someone have an idea?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

So turns out, the problem was my second monitor, wich is connect with a from DP to Mini-DP in a thunderbolt slot in my mac.

When the second monitor is connected but NOT turned on, there are mouse stutters. When I turn it on, these problems are gone.

So really wierd, but maybe it is a problem from the monitor itself or the type of the connection (DP to Mini-DP).

The monitor is a Dell U2715H 27".

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Nov 15, 2017 1:49 AM in response to AdiAll In response to AdiAll

So turns out, the problem was my second monitor, wich is connect with a from DP to Mini-DP in a thunderbolt slot in my mac.

When the second monitor is connected but NOT turned on, there are mouse stutters. When I turn it on, these problems are gone.

So really wierd, but maybe it is a problem from the monitor itself or the type of the connection (DP to Mini-DP).

The monitor is a Dell U2715H 27".

Nov 15, 2017 1:49 AM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: AdiAll

Question: Mouse stutter with High Sierra - iMac