Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Account Security

Hi,

I have a very concerning issue that I'm struggling to get a response from Apple for.

My 12 yo daughter signed up with Apple on Sunday after receiving an iPhone for her birthday. She used her email address (firstname.surname@hotmail.co.uk) and created a proper complex password - all good. She then applied a £25 iTunes voucher she'd also received for her birthday.

The following day, she tried to make a purchase through the app store. All good, until it asked for 3 security questions - ones which she hadn't set or knew the answers too. Very odd.

We logged onto her Apple account on my PC and found that the shipping address and phone-number for her account bore no resemblance to our address or details. It appeared that she'd managed to take control of another person's Apple account - one who shared the same name!

I immediately reported this to Apple by phone, and spoke to a couple of baffled support staff who could see that there was indeed a strange issue with the account. I was promised a call within 24 hours and was set a contact email with a case number.

Since then, despite me sending 2 emails I've received no feedback or support and we are very concerned that Apple aren't taking security on our Daughter's account seriously. We would create a new account, but obviously she would lose her £25 credit.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Was it resolved?

Thanks

Paul

iPhone 6s

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 2:29 AM

1 reply

Apple Account Security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.