Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Is any wattage USB-C Apple Adapter compatible with USB-C charging on iPhone 8 Plus?

I am currently using a 29W. I was told any of the Apple USB-C Charging Adapters is acceptable. I was not aware of this. I wanted to make sure by creating a discussion.

Are the 61W & 87W compatible as long as you get a USB-C to lightning cable?

I am using an iPhone 8 Plus 256GB.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 15, 2017 6:16 AM in response to jaymister26 In response to jaymister26

Amps work the opposite of volts. Plug a 110 device into a 220 circuit and you will destroy the device because the circuit is always pushing 220, regardless of what the device wants/uses/ needs. OTOH, amps are drawn by what the device wants/uses/needs. Plug a 100 watt (~1 amp) light bulb into a 15 amp circuit (common in most U.S. homes) and you still only have a 100 watt bulb because that is all the bulb draws.

Another way to look at it is a plumbing example. The water pressure in your home's plumbing is always the same (pushing). But you can open a faucet just a little to draw 1/2 gallon a minute or open it full to draw 3 gallons a minute.

Nov 15, 2017 6:16 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jaymister26

Question: Is any wattage USB-C Apple Adapter compatible with USB-C charging on iPhone 8 Plus?