Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove documents from the icloud in my mac?I dont want to remove it from my desktop, I want to remove it from my icloud but this is the message that I am receiving.

User uploaded file

icloud

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 2:07 AM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2017 6:30 AM in response to Azeemah

I want to remove it from my icloud but this is the message that I am receiving.

That , what will happen, if you disable "Desktop and Documents" for iCloud Drive.

Before you do that and disable "Desktop and Documents" on iCloud Drive in the System Preferences, drag the files and folders from the Desktop and the Documents folder to a folder in your Home folder, that is not on iCloud Drive. I'd create two folders "Desktop Local" and "Documents Local" in the Home folder and drag the documents there. That will remove the items from iCloud and store them locally on your Mac.

Once the Desktop and Documents folder in iCloud are empty and you have the local copies on your Mac, you can disable the option in iCloud.

How do I remove documents from the icloud in my mac?I dont want to remove it from my desktop, I want to remove it from my icloud but this is the message that I am receiving.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.