Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store is making me sign in every single time I try to purchase a song. How can I stop this from happening?

iTunes Store is making me sign in every single time I try to purchase a song. How can I stop this from happening? This is on my MacBook Pro.

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 3:02 AM

3 replies

Nov 18, 2017 5:18 PM in response to Alex Rosenfeld

Hello Alex Rosenfeld,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are required to sign in to the iTunes Store every time you want to make a purchase. This happens because of a setting. I would recommend you read this article, it explains which options are available and where to make the changes.

On your Mac or PC in iTunes

1. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
  2. Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Preferences.
    Windows: From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Edit > Preferences.
  3. Click the Store tab.
  4. From the menus under Purchases or Free Downloads, select your preferred level of protection.User uploaded file
  5. When asked, enter your password. Then click OK.
  6. Click OK again to save your preferences.

Manage your iTunes Store and App Store password preferences

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

iTunes Store is making me sign in every single time I try to purchase a song. How can I stop this from happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.