Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

shipping

How long iPhone X takes in “order in progress”!? I saw ships will take 3 or 4 weeks. But I’d like to know cause I bought with international card and I have limited days to be charged. :)

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 7:04 AM

You really won't know until Apple actually charges your card. Your card will get charged before you get any notification the order is being shipped. Then the status changes to Preparing for Shipping, then Shipped. For example. My Apple order for iPhone X suggested a delivery date range of December 1 - 8. Two days ago, my credit card was officially charged and a few hours later I received a notification my phone was Preparing to Ship. Yesterday, I saw the order was actually shipped and now I can track it. According to UPS, my phone will arrive this coming Monday, November 20th. That's at least 2 weeks sooner than expected. As a point of reference however, this phone was ordered within one hour of pre-orders going live on October 27th.

78 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2017 7:04 AM in response to Carolinawportop

You really won't know until Apple actually charges your card. Your card will get charged before you get any notification the order is being shipped. Then the status changes to Preparing for Shipping, then Shipped. For example. My Apple order for iPhone X suggested a delivery date range of December 1 - 8. Two days ago, my credit card was officially charged and a few hours later I received a notification my phone was Preparing to Ship. Yesterday, I saw the order was actually shipped and now I can track it. According to UPS, my phone will arrive this coming Monday, November 20th. That's at least 2 weeks sooner than expected. As a point of reference however, this phone was ordered within one hour of pre-orders going live on October 27th.

Nov 15, 2017 2:26 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Welllllll.......yes and no. We both are getting iPhone X. I took the first one that came and set it up under my number. I prolly shouldn't have. The one coming for my number was a gift from my company, paid for with the company credit card. Turns out by setting up the first one under my number, I've got them mixed up in the AT&T System and I'll need to take the one I've got back to factory settings, insert a new sim (which I've got waiting), and move it back under the other number, then set up the new one under my number as it should have been done from the beginning.

Nov 15, 2017 2:49 PM in response to askbarnabas

That is if UPS doesn't do it's usual screw up job. Mine got held up in China to make sure it was not stolen by UCLA basketball players, went to a K-POP concert in Incheon, froze up in the sub-zero weather due to the temperature flaw and almost missed the plane, stopped off to pick me up a Louisville Slugger bat, made it to DFW Airport 6 miles from my house but had to be sent to the facility in north Fort Worth so it could get some tamales, and showed that it would be delivered today by the end of today. Only it didn't show it was Out for Delivery in the status bar. Never updated all day (made it to Fort Worth at 9:18am) and when I called the automated system it said delivers today. Tried chat, the robot said it would be hear today but if something goes wrong keep checking back with us buy using our website, please don't call us. Yelled "TALK TO AGENT" at the phone several times. Put on hold for many minutes. Outlasted them and talked to Billy Bob in India (too bad my phone didn't get to go there and taste some curried dishes) who immediately said, "No sir, your package is estimated to be delivered tomorrow, we had a mechanical breakdown." I asked why it didn't say that on the other 3 places I checked. I also asked if this was the same mechanical breakdown they had with the last 3 items I ordered (one being my Apple Watch Series 3). He ignored me and repeated it would be delivered tomorrow. Maybe. And apologized for the crappy software. There had **** well be pictures on that phone documenting the trip. And tamales when they deliver it. On whatever day.

P.S. UPS only allows 500 characters in their email. Had to used shorter words. Probably a good thing.

Nov 15, 2017 5:07 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

Patience is a virtue, my dear. Your sweetie was awfully generous to let you take the first one.

I have heard such a rumor that patience is a virtue. But you see, my dear, I was clearly in the wrong line at inception and patience was never pre-installed in my DNA. I have none. Zip. Nadda. Zero. Hence why I was given the first phone we got. Oh and he also figured, since I'm on the forum all the time, I'd figure it all out and will be in a better position to show him the tips and tricks when he gets his, which is of course, the one I'm using now.

Nov 16, 2017 8:53 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Mine apparently wanted to get to me so badly that even though UPS had told me on the phone it was not out for delivery an was scheduled for today due to the same mechanical failure reserved for me they tried to deliver it to me at 10:25pm last night and they weren't able to reach me. Marked it as the first attempt. Mine must be shy and wouldn't ring the doorbell because I was up watching a Hallmark Christmas movie (don't judge).

Nov 16, 2017 9:05 AM in response to deggie

LOLOLOL. Our TV is glued on the Hallmark channel this time of year. I'm a super sap with all the he loves her, they break up and happiness is delivered in the last 2 minutes holiday movies! I particularly love the I wish I never took (insert whatever you want to change in your life here) granted wish movies so they realize how wonderful their life really was!

I hope you get your phone today after it finishes doing whatever it has been up to.........

Nov 16, 2017 11:34 AM in response to Carolinawportop

That is correct. Order in progress means it has not been shipped yet.

Curious which model your Aunt purchased (from which carrier)? You are aware that currently the phones sold in the US are tied to a US Carrier (not sim-free). And not to rain on your parade, but iPhone warranty is not international, so if you have a service need, the phone will have to be physically returned to the US for service.

shipping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.