Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock cellular data setting to permanently ON

I want to use the find my iphone app to track my daughter's whereabouts. I have enabled restrictions and put pin only I know on it. It locked to start with, but following a restart she is now able to turn off the cellular at will. Is it possible to permanently lock the data setting to ON?

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 3:32 AM

4 replies

Nov 15, 2017 4:03 AM in response to peejay1959

peejay1959 wrote:

It is turned on, but my daughter turns the cellular data off. I need to lock that setting so it is on. It seems restrictions only lock individual apps not the data setting.

Correct, any iPhone user with the screen lock passcode or fingerprint enabled can enable airplane mode, turn on/off wifi, Bluetooth and cellular. The only things that can be restricted are those listed under the restrictions setting menu. Otherwise, the user has full access to controls and options.

In the USA at least, there may even be rules by the FCC about that, since to travel by air, airplane mode needs to always be accessible to whomever is using the device, to disable the cellular radio.

Lock cellular data setting to permanently ON

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.