Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari (iOS): unexpected caching behaviour

Hello,

We are the developers of Mail Service mail.ukr.net. Recently our users started reporting strange issue with using our Web service on Safari. Most of them use iOS 10.3.1.

The manifestation of the issue is following: version of source code of the index page (https://mail.ukr.net/touch) is older than the version of JavaScript resources included on that page. In the meantime we do not see any requests to our server for the index page according to user reports. But when attaching smartphone to Mac, in debugger we see a few month old version of the index page while source code, included via "script" tag, is topical.

Users clear all Safari caches but the issue persists. It seems that the issue is related to changes in the internet connection. Switching Wi-Fi hotspots or switching from Wi-Fi to 3G.

Note that almost all users had "Automatically Save Offline" option enabled in the Safari settings. Disabling it didn't help.

If not from our servers where else could Safari retrieve old page version from? Is there another cache that is not cleared from settings? Like on the iCloud, because of "Automatically Save Offline" option was enabled at the time of opening old page?

If so what extra HTTP headers should we specify to disable page caching? We currently specify:

* Pragma: no-cache

* Cache-Control: no-cache

* Expires: (time value of the past)

Best regards,

Team of mail.ukr.net

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.1, Safari

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 4:39 AM

3 replies

Nov 15, 2017 5:15 AM in response to vladlavrik

First, I’d like to say thank you for taking the time out to see what the problem was with my emails right down to searches and basically taking over all access to all I have in my phone.. what is my best bet right now??? I’m ready to restore my phone back to factory settings and call it ‘bad dream can now lay to rest’ Ughhh I was literally thinking my phone was processed or something of that sort! In fact, my Dr. upped my meds Lol JUST KIDDING! So yes what is my next step and again I thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone

Safari (iOS): unexpected caching behaviour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.