Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant connect to office365

I can't connect to Microsofts Office 365 anymore. I have confirmed my account and other folks in my organization dont have this problem. Login in on windows 10 on the same network works. I have also tested on another Mac with same OS and problem are the same. I have tried on iPhone and the same problem.

This is what happens. When I go to portal.office.com I cant enter user/pass and I dont get any further. The URLs are changed rapidly (redirects?) and the last URL that shows up is login.microsoftonline.com

When I connect on other networks like the mobile 4G or my network at home, I can login in on Office365. After I log in on the mobile network, I can use for example OneDrive and online excel with my work network. Looks like the login "survive" a change in network connection.

When I use Chrome an error says the DNS adress of the domain cant be found.

I have restarted browsers and MacBook and run a DNS flush. (sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder)

I use OS 10.13.1 and Safari 11.0.1 (13604.3.5)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13), 8Gb RAM, 256Gb HD,

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 4:46 AM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2017 6:58 AM in response to eflaten

When I connect on other networks like the mobile 4G or my network at home, I can login in on Office365.

That means the cause is external to your Macs and most likely beyond your control. It suggests an organizational policy preventing communication for reasons unknown.

When I use Chrome an error says the DNS adress of the domain cant be found.

That's a show-stopper. The network is intercepting or redirecting DNS requests. Consider contacting your organization's network administrator, or Microsoft.

Cant connect to office365

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.