Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi connectivity problem on my Mac

Hello everyone. I have an iPhone SE and a 2012 model MacBook Pro. I have been using my wifi with no issue for a month or so, but as soon as I updated my Mac to Mac OS X High Sierra 10.12.1, my Mac is not connecting to the internet. It is working perfectly with my iPhone and even showing wifi connected on my Mac but not actually loading webpages. Any ideas what should I do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 9:44 PM

Hello,

Restarting the Router is the same as rebooting it, yes.

I would clear the entire Wi-Fi network list, then add your Wi-Fi connection again. You can then connect to other networks at a later stage when necessary.

I have done this on a few occasions in the past when I have had this problem.

Kind regards

Lee

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2017 9:44 PM in response to tumul98

Hello,

Restarting the Router is the same as rebooting it, yes.

I would clear the entire Wi-Fi network list, then add your Wi-Fi connection again. You can then connect to other networks at a later stage when necessary.

I have done this on a few occasions in the past when I have had this problem.

Kind regards

Lee

Nov 17, 2017 12:32 AM in response to tumul98

Hi,

first try rebooting the Router. If you have already tried this, you could try the following:

Open System Preferences -> Network

Click Wi-Fi, then select the Advanced Tab.

When the list of Wi-Fi Networks Appears, highlight the networks, and select - to remove them

Once you have cleared the list, try reconnecting to your Wi-Fi network again.

I have had to do this a few times before, it usually does the trick.

Kind regards,

Lee

Wifi connectivity problem on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.