Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

11.1.1 ringer stopped working

after downloading ios 11.1.1 my ringer stopped working and i am missing calls can you help please

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 6:17 AM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2017 6:54 PM in response to hefton

Hi, hefton!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see that your iPhone 6 is not ringing when a phone call comes in, which has caused you to miss calls. I'm happy to help!

First, check to make sure that the Ring/Silent switch is not engaged in the silent position. The switch is located on the right side of your iPhone, just above the volume keys. If it is pushed toward the back of the iPhone, with a bit of orange in front of it, the switch is set to silent. Move it forward toward the display to turn it to ring.

If the Ring/Silent switch is already on the ring setting and you still do not hear a ringtone when a call comes in, check to see if you have Do Not Disturb enabled. If it is on, a small crescent moon will appear in the Status bar, near the battery. You can get more information on Do Not Disturb, including how to turn it off, here: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support .

Should the issue continue after you confirm Do Not Disturb is off, the next step I would recommend is using the article If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support .

Have a great day.

11.1.1 ringer stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.