Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chinese trackpad handwriting input not working after High Sierra upgrade?

I have a late 2015 iMac and I've just upgraded it to High Sierra. The Chinese trackpad handwriting was working fine when it was under Sierra. Now the handwriting trackpad shows up on the screen when the handwriting mode is triggered but when you try to write on the trackpad, it is not responsive; nothing appears, no even a dot or stroke to indicate that the computer is sensing my input. Does anyone have the same issue? Is Apple actively trying to resolve the bug?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 6:24 AM

3 replies

Nov 15, 2017 11:49 AM in response to emklee

(I'm responding to my own question.) The trackpad handwriting stopped working right after the High Sierra upgrade. I've since played around with the input sources of the keyboard, deleting the handwriting mode, introducing some other Chinese modes, deleting them, and then re-introducing the handwriting mode as the input source. The trackpad handwriting capability has come back. It's working now. (My suspicion is that the upgrade has triggered something and it has now reset it.) Thanks to those who have replied.

Chinese trackpad handwriting input not working after High Sierra upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.