Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Calibration

I have a 4s with iso 9.3.5

I let the phone power off by itself when it got to 10%

Then i connected the charger, and turned the phone off so it can charge without interruption,

How will i know when the charge is 100% ? Because the screen displayed a battery with red in it, now its gone off.

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 7:18 AM

There's no such thing as optimizing Apple's Lithium-ion batteries. Just turn it on.

Batteries - Apple

7 replies

Nov 15, 2017 7:23 AM in response to venomx92

venomx92 wrote:

I have a 4s with iso 9.3.5

I let the phone power off by itself when it got to 10%

Then i connected the charger, and turned the phone off so it can charge without interruption,

How will i know when the charge is 100% ? Because the screen displayed a battery with red in it, now its gone off.

Take the phone off the charger whenever you need or want to. You don't have to wait until it gets to 100%. You can also leave it on the charger after it has completed charging. That won't hurt it either.

Yes, your phone is charging even though the screen is off.

The process of calibration was to calibrate the battery sensor, not the battery itself. It is no longer necessary or recommended. The article anypats linked to gives more details.

If your battery is draining quickly, it's probably because it's very old. No amount of "calibration" will fix that. You'll need to get it replaced.

Nov 15, 2017 7:35 AM in response to venomx92

Anyone that says it has helped is simply perceiving that it helped and didn't actually get any performance increase. If your iPhone is off and on the charger you will not get an indication that the charge is complete. Yes, it will have been charging but you won't know when it gets to 100%. As I said before though, don't worry about it and just turn it on.

Battery Calibration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.