Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If i update my phone will it fix the bug in my battery? My battery life is draining fast because of the last update!

Hi. Without further a do! There’s a new update again! If i update my phone to the latest ios 11.1 will it fix the bug in my battery? Because the last update is killing my battery right now! It’ll drain my battery life so fast! And even when i just charge it, it still drop down to 50% or below so fast when you use it real quick! Btw mine is iphone 6splus

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 6:12 AM

There is no way to know the answer to your question since the rapid battery drain you are experiencing might be due to other factors than a software update.

However, if you do update to the latest version, it may be easier to identify the cause of the rapid battery drain if the problem persists.

If you are undecided about upgrading you could try the Apple tips for optimizing battery usage through settings and also have the Genius Bar do a hardware check to eliminate that as a source of your current problems.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2017 6:12 AM in response to Shenshen0217

There is no way to know the answer to your question since the rapid battery drain you are experiencing might be due to other factors than a software update.

However, if you do update to the latest version, it may be easier to identify the cause of the rapid battery drain if the problem persists.

If you are undecided about upgrading you could try the Apple tips for optimizing battery usage through settings and also have the Genius Bar do a hardware check to eliminate that as a source of your current problems.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Nov 24, 2017 1:29 AM in response to Shenshen0217

Yes mine is doing the same thing after the latest update along with about 12 Other people I know of it is driving everyone insane we actually use these phones for our work and when You can only get 3 or 3 phone calls out of a charge it is just ridiculous 70% battery consumption with 1 hour 12 min of use time just typing this used 8% battery life hope they fix soon

Dec 2, 2017 3:55 PM in response to Shenshen0217

I’ve got iPhone 6 and since ios11 battery drain same as you. Every update including today’s 11.2 hasn’t fixed issue. If anything it’s got worse with each update. 80% battery at start of 11.2 update. 30 minutes later phone dead. Tried to power it up and got red battery symbol. Put it on charge and 5 mins later it said 65% battery. Total screwed battery charge and can’t trust it’s readings. 2hrs after fully charged 100% it’s at 4%. Charging iPhone takes forever using iPad charger randomly but too frequently.

Notification turned off and set to manual push notifications for emails. Locations/privacy turned off. Good carrier and WiFi signal strength. Low power mode helps but not much.

I’ve lost all confidence in an update that’ll fix this issue.

If i update my phone will it fix the bug in my battery? My battery life is draining fast because of the last update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.