Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP7 multiclip editing

I have been using FCP7 for several years. No problems. Also did two clip multiclip edits. No problems. Am trying to do 3 or 4 clip multiclip edits now. Yes problems. After inserting the multiclip in the timeline, when I play it, after about 4-5 seconds the video freezes but the audio continues to play. No video movement in the canvas or the viewer windows. I suspect it is a bandwidth issue: feeding 4 video clips. Any way to get around this problem????

Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2010 model, Dual core Intel i7, 8 GB memory, NVidia GForce graphics, 512 MB VRam. OS: 10.11.6 (El Capitan)

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), MacBook Pro 15", 2010 model, Dual

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 7:33 AM

4 replies

Nov 17, 2017 2:52 PM in response to Shane Ross

Thanks Shane. I decided to switch over to iMac. Have ordered a 27", quad core i7, 16 GB Ram, 8 GB VRam, and 2 TB Fusion drive. Waiting for delivery. I should think my 4 video streams coming from external 7200 RPM drive on USB3 will work alright. Or if I need to transfer to the on-board drive, I can do that too. What do you think?

Thanks again.

FCP7 multiclip editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.