Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6869 default number on calculator?

I've grown accustomed to using the widget calculator on my desktop. After the last upgrade to 10.13.1 High Sierra, no matter what I type into the calculator, when I launch it again, it says "6,869." I used to be able to see my last calculation. Minor bug, but really annoying. It means I won't use this feature any more because it's not useful to me. Any way to clear it and make it perform like it used to? It used to always retain the last calculation.

Mac Pro (Late 2013), iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2018 12:46 AM

It's a bug. At some point, I had calculated my "default number", now no matter what I calculate, expecting I can switch back and forth from widget to application with numbers in it, my "default number" overwrites my last calc position. Not spending $9.99 on PCalc when a functional calculator is the most basic feature we should expect from an operating system.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2018 12:46 AM in response to lorifromsuperior

It's a bug. At some point, I had calculated my "default number", now no matter what I calculate, expecting I can switch back and forth from widget to application with numbers in it, my "default number" overwrites my last calc position. Not spending $9.99 on PCalc when a functional calculator is the most basic feature we should expect from an operating system.

6869 default number on calculator?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.