Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no option to edit Apple ID account email..?

My Apple ID account ends with icloud.com, but I want to replace this email with another email that ends with icloud.com, so this should be no problem right? Both emails ends with @icloud.com, but there is no option to tap edit in "Accounts" on my Apple ID.

I took screenshots for help:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 10:17 AM

If the address you want to move is already associated with another Apple ID, normally it can't be used with another Apple ID for approximately one year.

In this situation, it may be best to contact Apple ID Support for assistance.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2017 10:17 AM in response to Vanores

If the address you want to move is already associated with another Apple ID, normally it can't be used with another Apple ID for approximately one year.

In this situation, it may be best to contact Apple ID Support for assistance.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Nov 16, 2017 2:08 AM in response to Eric Root

I contacted apple, they told me I can NOT edit my Apple ID with another email that ends with @icloud.com, but I can edit it with a email that ends with something else like gmail or hotmail...

So I made a new email gmail account, put it on that list, but there still is no edit option?

So I know I can't change my Apple ID with another @icloud.com email, ok. But I can change it with an @gmail.com email, still no edit option?

What am I doing wrong?

User uploaded file

There is no option to edit Apple ID account email..?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.