Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my photos are GONE! Help

Just switched over my phone. All photos, etc were there. My husband deleted photos off my old phone and now ALL of my photos are Gone. Gone from all devices, gone from icloud (where they were backed up prior to all this).

Can anyone help me?

Looked online in iCloud and they are NOT sitting in recently deleted photos. I am so sad - over 3,000 pictures of our life gone 😟

Cindy

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 7:16 AM

4 replies

Nov 15, 2017 10:00 AM in response to jack tylerfromfoley

Unfortunately that's one of things about iCloud, i.e. it is a syncing service which syncs all of your data, like photos and videos, across all of your devices. This makes it easily and readily available to you however if you delete that data on one device, it is deleted from all devices.

iCloud isn't like your traditional cloud based/archival storage systems, e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, Google Photos, etc.

If you already checked the deleted folder and the photos aren't there, I'm afraid they may be lost. You could try using a third-party retrieval application to assist but I'm not sure if all the photos would be successfully retrieved.

All my photos are GONE! Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.