Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Sierra Search Problem

Hi everybody,

I've got a problem now that I upgrade my Macbook Pro 13" to macOS Sierra. When I type something on url section of safari or google chrome, or even if I fill something and then I get to the apps section, what I typed is already on de search field.

Do you know how to solve this?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 7:46 AM

6 replies

Nov 15, 2017 8:41 AM in response to AngelI.R.

The first screen shot shows launch pad in the search field if you enter mail - it will open mail application .

The second screen shot is of safari browser window - type mail in the url bar it will open top hits .

In safari preferences - check all of these boxes .

User uploaded file

You can clear all history and website data take cursor on top menu bar - History - in the same column click on clear History .Again click on Clear History .

User uploaded file

Nov 15, 2017 10:29 AM in response to AngelI.R.

Very strange , do you use cleaners , anti virus and what apps have you downloaded in Mac .In the community users take help of etrecheck , Luis Sequeira1 and other members are highly expert in viewing the report and deleting the unwanted files , apps .

If you are comfortable can post the results of it , your personal information like mail address or real name will not be visible .

macOS Sierra Search Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.