Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer all of my music stored on my time capsule to iTunes?

MacBook Pro Retina 13" early 2015

macOS Sierra 10.12.6

iTunes 12.7.1.14

8 GB memory 2.7 processor

120 GB storage

Time Capsule 3TB v 7.7.8

I've Googled pretty much everything when it comes to my stored music on my TC. I have over 100GB of music and don't want nor have the room to store it on my MacBook. It is already on my TC and I would like it to stay there but I have the slightest idea on how to transfer it or make iTunes play from the TC. Any help would be appreciated.

Time Capsule 3 TB-OTHER

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 9:14 AM

1 reply

Nov 18, 2017 6:03 PM in response to murphymc

Hello murphymc,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help moving your iTunes Library. I am happy to offer some help with this. Before doing anything, I recommend making a fresh backup of your computer to your Time Capsule.

Then, the first thing you need to do with iTunes is to consolidate your library on your Mac. This article will help: Locate and organize your iTunes media files

Once your library is consolidated, use this help article to move the location: iTunes for Mac: Change where your iTunes files are stored

Thanks and have a great weekend.

How do I transfer all of my music stored on my time capsule to iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.