Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor Camera performance in iphone SE

Hello Iphone user Community,

i am an avid android user for the last five years, but always had a crush with apple products, after years of dream with all good believes and expectations i purchased iphone SE three months back, i understand i have to sacrifice many things that android gave me when i move to iphone. but i accepted all that and started loving iphone. i heard an apples 1.2 mp camera is much good than higher pixels camera in android. but i was totally unsatisfied with the front facing camera what i got in iphone SE since beginning. I convince myself when i take pictures in ambient light it gave me average pictures. few days back i was accidentally checking my friends iphone 5S and opened the cam app in his phone, i was shocked to see the clarity of the photos. it gave a far better quality than my phone. i compared both camera by taking pictures aside. and i am really disappointed in seeing the pictures taken in my phone. can you clarify how come an 4 years old phone can give a better quality than a latest one???. same applies to the rear camera as well. where an 8 mp iphone 5S gave very good pictures than my 12 MP shooter.

Can anyone please clarify what i should do further??? i am really doubtful in the quality of the product that i purchased?

i purchased this phone form amazon.in with IMEI no *****. Expecting a positive feedback from the community.

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPhone SE, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 8:27 AM

2 replies

Nov 16, 2017 6:10 AM in response to indianiphoneuser

Hi indianiphoneuser,

It sounds like you are having issues with picture quality on your iPhone SE. I understand wanting to make sure you get optimal performance out of your camera. The following articles have information that can be helpful in a situation like this:

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch​

Your photos are blurred or out of focus

If your photos are blurred, out of focus, or have dark spots, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the camera lens is clean. If you need to clean the lens, use a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.
  2. For iPhone models that feature optical image stabilization: A metallic case or magnetic lens could interfere with this feature. Try taking a picture without the case or lens, and then compare the quality.
  3. To focus on a certain object or person, tap that object or person on the preview screen. You’ll see the screen pulse, or briefly go in and out of focus, as the camera adjusts. In photo mode, try to stay steady when you adjust the focus. If you move too far in any direction, the camera will automatically refocus to the center. In video mode, you can adjust the focus before you begin recording.

If you still have issues with the focus on your camera, contact Apple Support.

The, iPhone User Guide - Camera - Take Photos , has helpful information on how to familiarize yourself with the camera and it's functions, what you can do to get the best shot, among other items.

Let me know how things goes after reviewing those articles. Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Nov 19, 2017 7:51 PM in response to brenden dv

Dear Brenden DV,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your consideration. But anyhow the answer was so generic which isn't much helpful. I went to an apple care in Chennai. they compared my phone with the 5s and accepted there is a fault in my cam. but still they want my phone to get diagnosed.

first they will reboot the phone and check for software issues then they will open my phone case and check whether my camera parts are genuine.

is this the way iphones are serviced all around the world ???

can you please clarify the service process followed.

Poor Camera performance in iphone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.